Thursday, May 09, 2013

The Official PB&J Sandwich kit

Today I have a job interview that I am super stoked about. I've been keeping it a secret even though I so wanted to share what I was up to. There is a job at my work that I have wanted for over two years. It's one of those jobs that never seems to come open (mainly because there are only 2 people that do it!). My boss and I have discussed it in all my meetings with her and she feels its the right spot for me...

It's a trainer for new hires for my current department. You can imagine how excited I was when I landed an interview for the position. most of the time these sorts of jobs, you don't even get an interview - just a kiss off type email after the fact of them hiring someone from outside the company.

So it's not just an ordinary interview. the first 5-7 minutes I need to give a presentation on "How to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches". I joked with the recruiter asking if they would provide the ingredients and she just laughed it off.

All weekend I planned what I was going to do, and between the mister and myself we came up with me creating a kit and me actually making them make their own sandwiches! I'm banking on the fact that most people will probably do a powerpoint and not really show any creativity behind their presentations. (At least that's what I'm hoping for!) I really want to stand out. And hopefully this is my ticket:

(Thank god I took this picture because I immediately saw I spelled official wrong! How horrible would that have been?! haha What a dork I am - I've been looking at these and working on them since Monday, but I guess sometimes when you look at something so much you overlook the obvious. But have no fear - it was corrected! Oi!)







I'm really excited but nervous at the same time. My interview is at 2pm EST. So think about me and send positive vibes to me at 2pm!! Woo-hoo, I'll give you updates when I know more.