Wednesday, July 25, 2012

feeling some love.. Liebster Award x TWO!



Over the past week I have been nominated for not one but two Liebster awards (aka. Lobster Award- when I first read the award from Nicole I swore it said Lobster and all I could picture was a gold lobster trophy). While it's not an official, tangible award I can put on my mantle and stand at a podium giving a tearful speech...I do sincerely appreciate both ladies that have bestowed this upon me. My first reaction when I received this award from Nicole at Gypsy in Jasper (besides "what on earth is a LOBSTER award?- I definitely need to get my eyes checked again for new glasses) was I don't think I can pass this along - as the premise is you pass it along to 11 other bloggers who all have under 200 readers/followers. A great deal of the blogs that I do frequent seem to be established blogs..some with thousands and thousands of readers daily.




Here's a quick description:
The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. 

Rules for receiving this award:
  1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
  2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
  3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
  4. Go to their page and tell them.
  5. No tag backs.
11 random facts about me

  1. I hate the heat. I prefer cold rainy days over sunny hot days any day of the week.
  2. I don't drink anything with caffeine and haven't had a caffeinated soda since I was about 12
  3. For some reason when people meet me they think I am a "party girl" when in fact, I don't drink alcohol and have never tried any sort of drug. I've been told this by multiple people and am always so shocked when someone thinks this of me. They usually joke that it's always the "quiet" ones. Or else they make a comment because of me having piercings and being creative. I think thats pretty lame to make that kind of judgment and I always put them in their place quite quickly!
  4. I couldn't wait to leave small town life to live in a city when I graduated high school, but after having lived in many major cities, I actually prefer to live in a small town. I'd be even more happy in the woods with lots of land.
  5. I lived in 6 different states from the time I was 18 to 22
  6. I'm still searching and trying to figure out "What I want to be when I grow up"
  7. My favorite moment of every day is giving all my girls hugs and making them dance with me
  8. I am most content and at peace when my house is completely still with my girls laying around me while I crochet
  9. I look forward to every Saturday morning because I know that I get to spend time with my husband going to the farmer's market and antiquing while chatting away about randomness. 
  10. I have super tiny feet and can fit into kids shoes
  11. I have really bad eyesight. If I don't have my glasses on, you could be five feet from me and I wouldn't be able to see you. You'd just be fuzz

Nicole's questions:


  1. Why do you blog?  I used to have a livejournal account a while back and met so many crafty girls like myself. I missed that connection of meeting like minded people that you would have never met other wise. I am a pretty shy person and have turned into a hermit. so having a blog and sharing a small smidge of my world is nice.
  2. What was your first post about? It was a "welcome" post and a little about me and what I am about. 
  3. How has your blog evolved since then? I wasn't 100% sure which direction I was going to take it. I posted craft projects I was working on and also had weekly segments on mid-century modern and antiques. I've only been blogging for 6 months and have evolved into sharing some of my passions. Which include handmade businesses, my crafts, baking, gardening, a few of my favorite things, movie and tv critiques, random rants/..
  4. Who inspires you in the blog world? I don't think I can name one person that inspires me. Different bloggers inspire me for different reasons. But mainly anyone that is true to themselves and passionate about what they are doing..that's who I find inspiring.
  5. Who inspires you in your day to day life? Again, it's not one person. I think anyone that has the balls to go out and do what they are passionate about, make that into their  source of income and just be truly happy on a daily basis..that who inspires me, and who I aspire to become.
  6. When you sit down to write, are there certain things you have to have with you? Like a mug of tea, a glass of water, your glasses, or a cozy blanket? I'm pretty simple..usually a glass of water seeing that I carry my glass from room to room through out the day.
  7. Where are you when you're the most inspired? Any where. It could be at the Farmer's Market..reading a post..laying in bed crocheting and just thinking..
  8. What's your passion in life? Trying to be environmentally conscious as possible, my girls, my husband, and simply creating.
  9. When the shit hits the fan, who's the one person you always call? It depends on what exactly has happened. But mostly I tell everything to my husband..so no phone call is needed
  10. Who's your best friend and how would you describe them? My husband.. a wise ass
  11. What kind of friend are you? a good one

Amber's questions:
  1. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry? I honestly can't remember. I am super emotional too. But I really haven't watched anything too moving lately. 
  2. If you were to win the lottery,what would you do with the money? I'd obviously make sure my family was taken care of and I would donate to local animal charities. But besides that, I'd be responsible. I'd pay off all my debts and would buy a small cottage in the woods either in Maine or Colorado as my "home base" and travel a lot. But I would also love to have a small shop and just live a simple life without any financial worries.
  3. What is a song that you're listening to on repeat lately
  4.  What chore do you hate doing? cleaning the bathroom
  5. What are some things that help you relax? listening to music, telling myself to take deep breaths, crocheting, hugging my girls
  6. What story does your family always tell about you? i'm not really sure, you'd have to ask them
  7. What is the farthest you have ever been from home? California
  8. Name a movie that you could watch over and over again. Everything is Illuminated
  9. What is one of your favorite quotes? Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new - Albert Einstein
  10. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? I teach myself anything I want to learn. Nothing is too big or too small.
  11. What do you miss most about being a kid? no worries or responsibilities. 

My questions I'd like answered:

  1. What made you start blogging?
  2. What is your dream job?
  3. If money was no object, where would you live and why?
  4. What is your favorite time of day?
  5. How would you describe true happiness?
  6. If you could have one random super power, what would it be and why?
  7. Did you go to college/ university and where? (if yes, are you using your degree?)
  8. Where is your favorite place to go on vacation?
  9. Do you prefer big city life or country life?
  10. Do you have something you look forward to each week?
  11. Where do you see yourself (or hope to) in the next 5 years?
Now this is where I'm supposed to "tag" 11 bloggers. I fell short here. I don't normally read and know 11 bloggers who have a small readership. There are a few, but many have been already given the award in the past few weeks (because we run in the same circles it seems!) Then I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I don't want to leave someone out that may have a super blog..So well here's the deal. You are OBVIOUSLY awesome if 1. you have made it this far and are still reading this! 2. you are simply reading my blog ..that makes you awesome with a gold star on your forehead. So I tag anyone that would like to participate and answer my random questions and have an imaginary gold lobster trophy on your mantle. 

Please leave a comment if you do this! I would love to read your answers to my questions and maybe you will have more of a backbone, not care if you hurt other new bloggers feelings by picking your 11 favorites hahah (just kidding) now go..waste hours working on random things about yourselves and post away!