Monday, May 28, 2012

Downton Abbey


Dowton Abbey

Season 1:  2010  - British TV Series - 48min-65min each - 7 episodes

Storyline

Lord Crawley sees his family heritage, especially the grand country home Downton Abbey, as his mission in life. The death of his heir aboard the Titanic means distant cousin Matthew Crawley, a Manchester lawyer, suddenly is next in line and accepts moving onto the vast estate with his even more modernist, socially engaged mother, who clashes with his lordship's domineering, conservative ma the dowager. Marrying off the daughters is another concern. Meanwile the butler presides over a staff which serves the family but also lead most of their entire lives in the servants quarters, intriguing amongst themselves.




I kept seeing this on Netflix but didn't know anything about it. I have always loved period pieces so I figured I would check it out. Now all I can say is, how did I not check this out sooner?! I was also very surprised when the mister was just as into it as I was. He loves Victorian kitchens and gardens, so I think he really liked seeing how the kitchen was run and was getting ideas for our home the entire time. We very quickly made it through all seven episodes and were heartbroken when the last episode of Season 1 ended. (I wish I didn't know what a weekend was! What a great moment in the show, she always has these little quips that make me laugh out loud)

Season 2 is on disc through Netflix, so now we have to wait to get it in, it shows "very long wait". Must be everyone else is as in love with the show as we are.

Here is the trailer for Season 2, I cannot wait for that first disc to get here!!