Saturday, January 21, 2012

a simon cowl type of week..

My sister's birthday happens to be the day after her daughter's so I wanted to make her something special. I thought why not a pretty cowl. We live in frigged upstate NY where this time of year it normally does not get warmer than the low double digits. I found a pretty cool looking pattern and started on my way (using the yarn I bought that was the same, yet different from the blanket) So off I went - crochet-a-thon. I sort of loose track of time and everything when I'm crocheting - and well - hmmm I don't know. It's wonky!


I love the pattern and actually think it would make a pretty interesting and VERY warm throw blanket (maybe a thought for my shop as well)


But I think I just made it too long. I may take some of it out and see if I like it better because right now it's too big for my little neck. When you put it on it reminds me of an Elizabethan collar. Definitely NOT something my sister would wear. I finished it and mister gave me "the look" and said "Ummm..thats NOT for Katrina is it?" I guess that gave me my answer right there! So at this point I'm deciding if I even want to keep it or if I want to just kill the whole thing and use the yarn for something in the future..

I have now started another one, more her style that I'm pretty positive she will love. 


I wish I could say it was a super quick crochet project, but there are over 200 stitches around - so, it's taking a little longer than I expected. None the less I'll be done by tomorrow. Then have to start on another cowl my friend Andrea asked me to make. I bought her some really pretty soft grey yarn and am going to do a different pattern than the one above, pictures and progress to follow. 

So what are you doing this weekend?

xo, t