Sunday, January 22, 2012

a blueberry sunday ..


Morning everyone. This morning I woke to be able to feed my belly a yummy blueberry buckle with crumble topping that I made last night. The recipe is from one of my favorite cookbooks, Rustic fruit desserts If you don't have this cookbook, go buy it now you will not regret that you did!


The recipes are so yummy, during the summer months when we go to the farmer's market on Saturday mornings I always pick up different fruits to make the desserts in this book. Today I used blueberries from my blueberry picking adventures from the summer. I love blueberry picking. There is a local place within 5 minutes from my house that I go to. I seem to always have the whole place to myself and pick buckets and buckets. When I was little my gramma Kiner (aka the Vera in VeraNellies) used to take me. She would take  a silk scarf, wrap it around my waist and tie a little bucket to me. I was supposed to be picking blueberries to give to my mom but at the end of the day I had usually eaten way more than I had picked. She used to laugh and say "It's okay honey. We'll give her some of mine." She was the blueberry picking master! She would have gallons and gallons picked and I, maybe, had a pint if I were lucky! I always remember that little metal bucket tied to my waist every time I go now as an adult. 

I woke up early thinking of everything I'd like to do today. Sometimes I get up around 4 and just start thinking about all my projects I want to accomplish that day. It's a curse, my brain won't shut off.

Today:
  1. Laundry 
  2. Blog update 
  3. Work on my blog and code some extra pieces
  4. Finish Katrina's cowl
  5. Start Andrea's cowl
  6. Clean house
  7. Complete Mikayla's blanket, finishing touches
Lots of stuff to try and accomplish! I better get started, hope everyone is having nice "lazy day" Sunday.

xo, t

(updating my list as I go about my day)